Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Da-Da Da-Da Da-Duuuunnnnn

We found out yesterday that we are officially licensed to be foster parents.  It sounds really exciting and it is but it still means more waiting.

There's a lot of waiting in this process.

I also got on the list for middle of the night calls.  Which will be interesting considering we don't have a car seat yet.  But I don't want to lose any options, ya know.

We could still be waiting for months.  Or we could get a call tonight.  It's really weird.  I've been feeling a little down because of all the babies being born, I've been holding a lot of babies lately, and the wait feels excruciating but then finally something else happened, we have our license.  It can really happen now.

So more waiting.

We also found out our social worker who has been with us this whole process including teaching our classes, has been promoted.  We will get an interim social worker until we get a new permanent one.  This makes me a little sad because I felt like our social worker really knew us and if the right kid came along he'd be all, "Da-da-da-da-dun, I know where that baby shall go."  I'm sure I'm over thinking it but that's what it feels like.  Plus, he was just awesome and made me feel at ease so I'll miss him.

Anyway, I wanted to let you guys know that.  It's not the biggest of news but it's news.


8 comments:

  1. It's pretty big news. CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting, Lori - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you hear good news very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'm so looking forward to reading about the end of this round of waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! Sorry to hear about your sw. The good ones always get promoted!

    ReplyDelete