Tuesday, January 07, 2014

The New Year

I'm not usually a fan of New Year's Resolutions.  I think they are pretty much meant to be broken.  The are either too short and have giant impossible goals or it's some long list that goes on and on and you just get tired of it after a while (January 14). 

Not to mention what business do I have making any other resolution beside losing weight.  In all openness here, leading up to New Year's I had high hopes of the new year.  I was going to make  it happen.  Sadly, I'm completely and hopelessly unmotivated.  I have no desire to count calories, no desire to walk on a treadmill and feel like I'm punishing myself.  I just don't want to punish myself.  I've been through enough.

As a matter of fact that's exactly how I feel about 2014, I've been through enough.  No need to pile on.

But here's the deal.  There are a couple things I want to do and what better time than the new year.  Number 1, I want to put better descriptions on my pinterest links.  I can't tell you how lazy I am about leaving what someone else wrote and then I look back and I think I never said that brownie was the best I ever tasted, I never even tried these brownies.  So that's first, better pinterest descriptions.

Two, it's this blog.  It's so ridiculously haphazard.  I'm not going to sit here and say I'm going to write every day, especially considering it's the 7th today and I'm already 7 days behind.  No, I'm just going to say this.  I want to make a better effort.  I want to make sure I'm writing down things I want to remember.  I want to go back to telling a story.  I feel like this is a good year to do it.  There were a lot of years I was just sad about my infertility and writing about being sad about your infertility gets old so I really slowed down.  Not to mention the troll business and switching my blog around for a few years losing about 95% of my reader base in the process.  That'll jut you, let me just be the first one to admit that.  But this year is exciting.  Things are going to change.  I don't know where they'll wind up but I'll write about it, whatever happens and it'll be exciting.  We could be foster/adopting as soon as the end of this month.  Can you imagine?  I can't, I really can't.  But it's super exciting.

I also felt it was important to update on Zimmy.  One of Brian's employees wanted to adopt Zimmy so he went to live with here after Halloween (I think).  It seemed to be going really well but her boyfriend developed an allergy to cats so about a week ago Zimmy came back home.  He immediately ran under our bed but less than an hour later he came out sniffing around and checking things out.  Andy saw him and freaked out and chased him under the bed.  He was growling and his tail was fluffed out.  My hope was things would settle down but in a weeks time I never even had a chance to pet Zimmy.  He stayed under the bed most of the day and slept on the dining room chair overnight while we slept.  I felt really bad for him, this is a terrible life and all the cats were getting on edge, it was a complete disaster.  We asked around to our friends but no one would take him.  Brian suggested I put an ad on Craigslist so on a whim one morning I did.   Someone came over to adopt him that night.  I am so hopeful.  It was traumatic having more people come and take Zimmy but I hope, I really hope, that he's not too far gone now and he settles into his new home and has a wonderful life.  Back at home things went back to normal and everyone is way less tense (everyone being the cats and me).  I'm still trying to figure out how things went so bad so quickly.  Andy and Zimmy have lived together for years.  Maybe it was after Aidan died.  But even that was a year ago.  I can't figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment