Thursday, September 19, 2013

Bitch Box (or otherwise titled, why I'll never have a sponsor)

Hey, I decided to do something fun.  I joined this monthly delivery called Birch Box where for $10 a month they'll send you a box of beauty samples to try out.  I recently realized I've been doing my makeup the same for at least 20 years and that's just weird.  But I didn't really know where to start to change up my routine or try new things.  Then I found out about this Birch Box subscription and I thought it would be a great opportunity to just try some things out.

I got my very first box a couple days ago and wanted to share my thoughts.

Let me start by saying, getting this box is fun in and of itself.  So though I'm about to bitch about it, let me tell you, it's really fun and I look forward to being disappointed next month as well.

These are the items I received.

Voesh - Manicure Hand Mask 
This is basically a set of latex gloves with lotion in them.  I saw someone's review and they thought they were pretty lame.  My cuticles could use some attention so when my husband isn't around to laugh at me I'll give these a go.  But I would never buy them.  Latex gloves make me think that I'm about to do something gross like clean out the bathtub drain, so they aren't my go-to for beauty care.
 
Amika - Blowout Spray
Whenever I get my hair done they always use some sort of spray and usually I think it seems like a waste so I never think of it myself but I'll try this next time I straighten my hair. 
 
Caudalie - Hand and Nail Cream
I actually want and need some sort of hand cream so I was excited to have a sample to try.  The problem with this lotion is it smells HORRIBLE.  It's so bad, like putrid citrus.  So I have to throw this out.
 
Ruffian - Nail Polish in Hedge Fund
I'm open to different nail polish colors but sparkly acid army green is not one of those colors.  Trash.

Elizabeth Arden - Lip Gloss in Precious Petal
I figured they sent me this because I'm old.  Elizabeth Arden Lip Gloss in Granny Pink.  Thanks for the B-Day present Birch Box.  I noticed younger girls received Benefit lip gloss so I'm pretty upset as any granny would be.  I couldn't even read the color because I have old lady eyes.  I guessed and googled it.  Grrrr.

Can't wait for next month!


2 comments:

  1. Interesting, I have never heard of Birch Box... I think I will try it and see what kind of junk they send me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this! I enjoyed that laugh. I actually cancelled my account. I figured for $10 a month I could spin around the Target makeup section and have a better chance of getting something I wanted.

      Delete