Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Striped Rose

In the past I haven't had much luck with mail ordered plants but my love for striped roses was too strong to overcome and I couldn't find any local so I decided to give it a shot.






Most offerings were red and white, leaning to burgundy and cream (not my bag) so when I came across a pink and white variety called Rosa Mundi from David Austin Roses I decided to go for it.





It doesn't look like much now, a twig basically, but I'll let you know how it goes.





2 comments:

  1. I've lots of David Austin roses in my garden here in the UK and they have always been great, really productive and healthy. I love David Austin roses, though they are pricey I think in this case you get what you pay for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it made it across the pond ok. ;-)

      Delete