Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I Feel Totally Violated

Holy Cow, you guys.  I just found out an entire copy of my blog from way back was copied and it out there completely published on the internet by some person I can't even contact.  And blogger's method for handling the whole thing is kind of ridiculous.  If anyone has any pointers about helping me get my copyrighted work off someone else's blog please let me know.  There's no email address unfortunately so I can't even contact the copyright infringer myself.  So I'm kind of freaked out about that because I thought all that stuff was moved to a private area.  I can't even believe it's possible to steal my entire blog and post it someone else under another name.

Hopefully it will get resolved very soon.

6 comments:

  1. that seriously sucks. if you can figure out who it is (wish i could help you there but i'm computer illiterate), have brian send a very nasty and threatening letter. and then sue for invasion of privacy (is a nascent tort in parts of canada, codified elsewhere--same for the states, i believe), theft, etc. what a**hole would do this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean someone posted it as their OWN?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean someone published it as their OWN?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my blog from 2003 to 2007 was lifted without my consent or knowledge and moved to another site where it's just sitting there out in public under a derogatory blog name. A long time ago made those entries private. I had no idea that someone violated me and stole my entries and posted them in public. I may have to have Brian sue for copyright infringement if Google doesn't take care of it. I can't contact the author or anything, I can't contact Google except with a stupid confusing form. If anyone knows anything I can do, please help me.

      Delete
    2. I'm pretty sure something similar happened to Shauna - can you reach out to her and ask how she got her thieves to back off and stop?

      Sorry about this mess!
      Denise

      Delete
    3. Something similar happened to Shauna - check with her to see how she handled her thieves, if I were you.

      Hugs,
      Denise

      Delete