Friday, February 08, 2013

Oscar Party Invitation



I finally finished my Oscar Party invites.  I cut out Oscar silhouettes in glitter paper and glued them to the front of the envelopes.  I tried about 500 different designs and decided on the little aqua stars.  I tried to get them more mint in color but this was as close as I could get.  I'm really happy with how these turned out.  I wanted a mix of Oscar chic and a little French but the cute macaron side of French so I think I found a happy mix.  I have got to get better at cutting my invitations.  All that hard work and I sloppily cut out the invites.

I used Paper-source.com again for my envelopes and note cards, the color is slate and it's a beautiful charcoal gray, and the glitter paper is left over from Christmas also from Paper-source.com.  It's not my favorite glitter paper, it's not very glittery but one day I hope to use it all up.  I've noticed both Michael's and Hobby Lobby carry very glittery paper.

Inspiration for my invitations this year came from two places.

I've always loved Twig & Thistle's invitation with the falling stars.

You can see the obvious influence with my invitations.

Also Studio DIY designed these favor bags.



I don't really use favor bags but I liked the idea for the outside of the invitation envelope.  The include a PDF of Oscar that I shrunk down and used for my invitations.

7 comments:

  1. I think these look FANTASTIC! What's the scripty font you used? Love it! And do you use a paper cutter? That should keep your lines straight...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bro, it's Carolyna Pro Black. I think a paper cutter is an excellent idea for next time. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Wow, cool! I would love to receive an invite like that. Did you decide on your menu?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! My menus are never 100% until party time but I'm pretty sure I'm going with a quiche Lorraine, a crab quiche, tossed salad, Brie with banquette and grapes, these French cheese puffs called Gougeres, and for dessert Macarons, Pots de creme

      Delete
  3. ok, where the party post-mortem?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming! Been thinking about what I want to say. Hopefully I'll get something together tomorrow.

      Delete