Monday, November 19, 2012

Weekly Weigh In - Week 2

Well this week was a bummer.  I don't know where to begin.  First of all, my daily calorie allowance is 1412 calories (I'm using LoseIt.com).  I went over by 867 calories (for the entire week, a little over 100 per day) and I gained 1.5 pounds.  Even if I was the world's worst calorie counter, and I can assure you after years of doing this I am not, there's no way I'm off by 5250 calories for the week over what I need to maintain my current weight which should be in a low estimate around 2260 calories a day.  I was pretty much weighing around 226 or 227 all week and then I weighed 228 this morning.  I did start my period on Friday and it's been a pretty bad period but still.  Come on.



I was thinking about throwing in the towel and going by Dunkin Donuts to get some donut holes but I didn't.  This week is going to be crappy too with Thanksgiving.  I'm eating at three different houses for three different days for Thanksgiving, no matter how hard I try it's just going to be difficult.

I having a hard time getting in the right mindset.  I'm still eating bigger portion sizes than I'd like and eating the wrong foods.  I just get sick of Subway so fast.  Sick of grilled chicken sandwiches and sick of all of it.  I think I was trying to make a lifestyle change and still eat to a degree where I didn't feel too deprived but I need to do more.  It's not enough.

I also need to post more often, sorry about that.  I will try to do better.

From here.

7 comments:

  1. Subway here has double chicken chopped salads where you pick your own veggies. I do mostly spinach and very little lettuce.

    Every trainer I have ever worked with says when the calorie count is in the right range and the scale isn't moving, look at the composition of the calories (fat, protein, carbs).

    ReplyDelete
  2. here in Brazil there is a show every sunday night on the most popular open tv channel that they did a weight loss feature with the hosts, then they did with some kids and now they are doing with a very popular soccer player named Ronaldo (you might know him because he is also famous outside Brazil). I didn't even need to say all this, all I wanted to say is that last night when they were airing it, the nutritionist said that nobody can live off grilled chicken and a salad, that we need to learn to balance every kind of food and not feel deprived, or else we end up failing. so keep your head up and don't beat yourself up it you had a bad week. there is always today and tomorrow. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to do that, find balance, because I have a long way to go to starve myself straight through. I knew it was a bad time to start a diet so it's going to take some time to find a rhythm, I hope I do.

      Delete
    2. I avoid salads made just from ice berg because I need the nutrition of the darker greens and spinach.

      I agree - can't eat just salads. But if I went to subway and ate the bread regularly, I would regain. That is a lot of carbs.

      There are a lot of people in the US who I think are eating about 75-85% of their daily calories in the form of carbs. No one can loose weight or maintain with the percentages that far off the other way either.

      One thing to remember, is there are carbs in nearly everything. Veggies (real veggies, not the starch ones like potatoes) have carbs too.

      I eat NO bread, noodles, rice on a regular basis. I really watch beans and squash and quinoa, etc. And I still have to REALLY WORK to keep my ratios in line. Because all the carbs that are in other stuff, really add up over the course of the day, even though I am eating mostly whole foods.

      I do not consider myself a low carb person. That always shocks people because of the bread, rice, etc. I consider myself to eat proportionally from the food groups and to keep my ratios in line.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry about the scale not cooperating, Lori. You eat so carefully - I remember when I used to do that, too - and the scale still doesn't cooperate. Just not fair.

    I read something last week that said walking just 10 minutes a couple of times a day, every day, can help re-start a slowed metabolism. Now if only I could make myself get out and DO that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since my FIL moved down south (and next door) he takes multiple short walks during the day, not very long at all, and he has lost a lot of weight. He eats like a champ too. I chalked it up to MEN and their incredibly lucky metabolism because who can lose weight taking a couple ten minute walks a day, but maybe he's on to something. When he doesn't do it, he gains weight almost immediately.

      Delete