Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Weekly Weigh In - Week 1

Oh, what a week.


I thought my week was going pretty well until I woke up on Monday morning for my weigh in and gained 2 pounds from the day before.  I weighed two more time and got two different weights, that's three different weights getting on the scale three times in a row.  Needless to say I'm getting a new scale.  This morning I went down about a pound but I also got some weird electronic blip.  I think my scale is done.  I have had it since my last big diet on this very blog, that was a long time ago.

So that was a bummer.  I went with my highest weight just in case it was the real deal, just in case I gained 2 pounds eating 1500 calories.  Crazier things with my metabolism have happened.  In a normal week 2.5 pounds would be really great but I really wanted to benefit from a strong, water weight start.



My goal is to be in onderland on Valentine's Day.  I'd love it to be in Christmas but that's not going to happen.  Because the holidays are the worst time to try to lose weight I don't plan on "dieting" on Thanksgiving Day or the bar Christmas party.  It's just too sad to diet on those days.  I would add our Christmas party too but I generally don't eat a lot during our parties.  I have like adrenaline or something (total exhaustion) and it makes me not eat very much.  I'm not going do the baking thing this year.  It was really fun last year always having homemade cookies ready during the season but I think I'll live.

Valentines Day seems so far away.  I just don't want to blow it before then.  Onderland is just a start anyway.  It's a great first goal.  I cannot believe I weighed 205 pounds last year and blew it.  I'm such an idiot.

2 comments:

  1. You're not an idiot, just human. (But you already knew that, didn't you?)

    Scales are so imprecise and that's always really bugged me. Eventually I got to the point where I just used measurements instead because they felt more exactly (although you can measure different places each time and that throws things off).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I've never really been into measuring, I feel like I'd need to sharpie the area to remember where to measure. Longer term I think clothing helps especially having a dress that did fit and now doesn't fit, when it does fit again I'll know I'm getting somewhere.

      Delete