Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Halloween Invitations

I'm usually really bad at posting this kind of stuff and it's one of the things I'm working on.  I'm planning a Halloween dinner party this year and I'd love to share my planning and how it all turns out.

First up invitations.  Paper-source.com is my go to source for all of my DIY invitations.  Their paper and color choices are impeccable.  I can't find anything like that local here and even though they are a little pricey I seem to give in with every event, I just love them.


Halloween Invitations



I went with a smaller A2 note card and envelope, for the Oscar party I go a little bigger because I want them to look more substantial.  The poppy color is so beautiful.  I almost went all black, I'm so glad I didn't. 

And here's how my invitations turned out.  I typed them up in word and added bat clip art and a little florish, it took way longer than it looks like it did. I removed all our personal information for this demonstration, that's why it looks weird.  I printed them on white card stock and cut them just smaller than the note card so you see a black border, attached them with a glue stick.  Then I stamped the envelope with my new bat stamp (we're going with a bat theme this year).



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! We have a Paper Source within walking distance--and an Anthropologie (don't hate me LOL). Let me know if you ever need me to do a look-see for you!
    --melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I'm so jealous. For years I wanted a Pottery Barn and then we got a Pottery Barn and I rarely go there. So part of me wants to not have Anthropologie because then it stays special and everywhere we travel part of the experience is going to Anthro, but then part of me really wants the store here anyway. If nothing else for the displays, they are awesome and I miss most of them.

      Delete
  2. Love those! I need a bat stamp, just because.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everybody needs a bat stamp. I just need more things to stamp.

      Delete
  3. I've said it before and I'll say it again: you need to live nearby, Lori. I am the least creative, least crafty, most lazy person when it comes to the pretty details of life, but I feel certain that your excellence in these areas would rub off on me - if only because I'm so darned competitive! - if we were running around together all the time.

    Deep sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it would be great fun to help you decorate your house. Thanks for the complements, I feel like a dunce compared to most bloggers. There's always someone more creative and more articulate, that's just the way it goes. But you are very sweet and uplifting, that's for sure.

      Delete