Saturday, September 15, 2012

Plus Size Swimmer

We joined the Y today. I mentioned to Brian a while back that I've been trying to think of some sort of sport that I like to do and I kept coming back to swimming. So today we went and had a tour and signed up. I realized when we were touring the pool that all the ladies had caps and googles and suits that don't weigh 20 pounds (thanks for that Lands End). So I spent the afternoon trying to find the items that I think will work best for me. I have a giant head so it took some searching to find a cap for a big headed person like myself, I actually bought 2 so if the other one works better I'll let you know. I also have color treated hair so I knew I needed something to help with multiple swims a week. Everyone seems really into this kid's shampoo for that purpose. We'll see how it goes.
Plus Size Swimmer

4 comments:

  1. Weird - hubs and I just joined so we could go swimming too! It's the one exercise that doesn't feel like exercise to me. Hoping I love it as much as I think I will :)
    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way! Good luck to you too!

      Delete
  2. I always think I'd like to try swimming, but I'm not a very good swimmer and was afraid it wouldn't be a good enough workout. But then I read that picking a sport where you could see improvement was a good idea. :-) Of course though, I've yet to start! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian's not a very good swimmer either. I'm trying to get him to take lessons. At this point I think it would be good for me to have something I like to do even if it's not the best workout, just to have the opportunity to move my body and feel more healthy and hopefully reduce stress. I always say working out stresses me out ;-) do we'll see how it goes.

      Delete