Thursday, March 15, 2012

Worrisome

I had my drain taken out last week and received the pathology report.  It appears that endometriosis attacked my appendix (and colon).  This is rare.  The whole thing is so rare but even rare things have to happen to someone.

I had my myomectomy six years ago and I do remember the doctor saying I had mild endometriosis.  I have never heard of anything like this from endometriosis.

I was so happy to get my drain out.  I felt that about 90% of my pain was from that stupid drain.  The pain did not go away immediately though the freedom was awesome.  It's really my ugliest scar, like someone burned me with a cigarette.

I've been dealing with some nausea that doesn't feel normal.  I ended up calling the nurse who talked to the doctor and he thought I had a bug and prescribed some anti-nausea medication.  I used it for 2 days, it didn't seem to really work, and then I started my period.  The nausea could be from my period.  I'm waiting until after my period is past the painful stage to reassess the nausea.  Should I talk about my poop?  You don't want to hear about my poop, I can tell.  But my poop is worrisome too.  I think I'm just a little freaked out because I was sick for about 1 1/2 weeks and thought it was gas and a doctor thought it was a bug and then it turns out endometriosis had its way with my appendix so now I'm down about 10 cm of bowels because my periods attack me and when I don't feel normal still my doctor thinks it's a bug.

And yet if there is a problem, do you know what the procedure is??? They stick a tube down my nose into my stomach.  I'm not doing that.  Over some nausea, no freaking way.  I hate you Dr Google.

I went back over my myomectomy entries and I was way more patient with myself.  I was 5 weeks into recovery and thinking oh maybe I could go back to work if I had a desk job (I was remodeling the yellow and blue house at the time).  Now, I'm like why can't I find the strength to vacuum the house, what is wrong with me!  Everything is so dirty.  Man, I really want to paint the interior doors.  Oh, oh, and the fence, I want to paint the fence, and plant grass seed.  I wish I could rake.  I think I'll clean out the refrigerator (which I actually did last night).  Wow, there's so much to do and I'm so tired.  I think I will lay on this cat hair covered sofa and watch more Friends.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I'm just catching up on my blog reading and I'm SO SORRY for the pain and craziness you've been through. If only I lived closer, I'd come on over to vacuum (sp?) and do errands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Denise you are so wonderful. What a great friend.

    ReplyDelete