Thursday, January 12, 2012

Diet Check-In

This is my mid-week checkin.  This week is not going as well as last week.  I think my food has been almost perfectly spot on.  As of yesterday I was down a pound, which felt good since my target is a 2 pound a week loss.  But then today after last nights dinner out for Brian's birthday I was up a half pound putting me in line for a 1 pound loss this week.  For week two, being down only a pound with all this effort just isn't going to cut it.  Grrrr.

So, let's talk about dinner last night.  We picked a local seafood restaurant where I knew we could make sensible grilled seafood choices.  Also yesterday I was very careful with my calories.  I had only consumed 418 including breakfast, lunch and snack.  I had a good 800-1000 calories to work with for dinner.  This, plus grilled fish should be enough to not blow it.

We both were pretty hungry but both of us skipped the cheese biscuits given to the table.  We ordered a yellow fin tuna appetizer.  Brian's dad and mom ordered crab dip.  I did not have any crab dip, not even a taste.  Our tuna order was small, I'm counting it as 3 oz portion for my 1/2 - 92 calories.  For our sides we both selected one side to be a salad and we both got balsamic vinaigrette and didn't eat our croutons.  We also did the dip fork method.  Brian used less dressing than me but I counted mine as 1 tablespoon, which is generous on my behalf because it was one of those little plastic cups and I used about 1/4 of it.  For dinner I ordered a blacken grouper with mango salsa.  I went generous with the size counting it as 8 ounces, it may have been more like 6 - calories 268, mango salsa - 60 calories.  For the side I picked mashed potatoes.  I ate 3/4 of it, I should have eat less but I was still hungry (probably from starving myself all day).  Brian selected a grilled seafood combo with shrimp, scallops, and flounder.  He chose rice pilaf for his side.  I thought the calories for our sides would be the same but it turns out rice pilaf is a better option.  Rice pilaf is 180 calories, my mashed potatoes were 375 calories.  Brian also gave me 3 of his shrimp which tacked on another 135 calories (this seems high).  So dinner ran me over 1000 calories making pretty good choices, no bread, no ranch, no croutons, no crab dip, no dessert.

It was a late dinner and I'm trying not to eat past 7 pm.  So we'll just have to see what happens from here.

1 comment:

  1. restaurant food is notorious for being high in sodium. Drink lots of water and check back in.

    ReplyDelete