Thursday, September 01, 2011

Wrecked

Let's see on first quick glance after tenants moved today.

Broken fence picket (pre-hurricane), piece of screen door gingerbreading trim came off, guess I should be grateful to have the part, screen is done, has to be replaced, the expensive Rejuvenation light fixture in the living room, giant thing, is on the ground in the living room, I didn't even check to see if it was broken.

House is smelly, kitchen almost as dirty as when last tenants left and I only mention it because the tenant so wanted to assure me how much of a clean freak she is. Broken tile, lots of it, like something large fell on the ground in front of sink, okay because we are replacing the tile but my god, what if we weren't. This is the worst I've ever seen. Tile hasn't been cleaned in forever, surprise, surprise. Everything is dirty in here.

Stove atrocious, I can barely stand to look at it. Tried taking kitchen measurements for cabinets, bug ran out against wall behind the stove while we were there, yes, the bug problem is real and I'm so glad the kitchen is going, I can't wait. Need to spray right away. Need to spray right away.

Of course now it's Friday and I have to work. We plan on some demolition this weekend, hopefully the entire kitchen. Handyman starts on Tuesday.

Oh, I can't lock the deadbolt, the key won't go in. I didn't even go in the bathroom or bedrooms.

House overall feels dark, uninviting, creepy, dirty. I hope I can change all of that in the next month.

What have I gotten myself into?



No comments:

Post a Comment