Thursday, August 11, 2011

Wish List: Kitchen Island

One of the things I'm in search of for the new house is a kitchen island or something that can be transformed into a kitchen island.  I haven't had much luck.  I don't think a readily available wood island cart would work because the cabinet style would be different and I think stand out too much.  I was thinking of a butcher block island but they are very expensive.  I was looking at some stainless steel islands, which I like but I don't think they are pretty enough in a room that will been seen from the front door to the back door.

Then I came across this from Crate and Barrel:




It's bigger than I was originally looking for, almost 5 feet long, but hey I'm going to need the prep space.  But with a price tag topping $1400 with shipping and tax, I don't think I'm going to be able to buy it.  I've been looking for a cheaper version and haven't come up with anything.  Back to the drawing board.

1 comment:

  1. I've had a mad crush on that island and those stools for-evah.

    ReplyDelete