Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hurry Up, and Wait

Geez, talk about your hurry up and wait, the tenants will be moving on the 1st so we won't get in the house until the 2nd.  Originally the tenants said out the weekend of the 25th, funny because the 25th is on a Wednesday but now, moving on the 1st, that makes sense.  We're just kind of in a holding pattern here, ready to wield a sledgehammer.

I've been trying to settle on fabric for the living room curtains.  I think I've ordered like 20 samples and I don't like any of them.  I mean they are okay but not good enough to entice me to sew 4 panels.  That's a lot of sewing.  I just ordered something else today, hopefully *fingers crossed* this is the one.

I've also been thinking about a color palette for painting the blue house.  I'm unsettled and really want to see the rooms after the wall is down and the sliders are in.  The house, from what I recall, is painfully dark, and I really want to paint a room, preferably the dining room, a dark color, like navy blue, but I'm on the fence about it since the room is so dark.  I'm hoping with the wall coming down that will bring much needed natural light and I also lose a wall when the wall comes down, the other wall across is a big arch wall into the living room, one wall has double windows that take up most of the wall and the other wall leads into the hallway, so there's a lot of space that won't be painted so maybe I can get away with it, I don't know.  I like a moody dining room, the idea of painting it some light color, I can't picture it.  I also am not lost on the fact that I'll be painting a middle open area a dark color and that might not work either.  I might have to go dark in the living room and match the dining room and kitchen or go neutral in the dining room to ease the transition.  So much to think about without having anything to look at.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. Just found your blog. I know the feeling of wanting to do everything NOW, but i would recommend doing things slowly, using the highest quality materials. It will take longer to save the money for the best, but it is worth it in the long run.

    ReplyDelete